brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Carrasco <jo...@lcc.uma.es>
Subject [Proposal] Managing security groups using jclouds
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 09:40:49 GMT
Hi all,

During the last days I have provisioned about 1500 VM in AWS and Softlayer using Brooklyn.
(I am researching about large cloud-application deployments).
However, I found a little problem working with AWS. When a VM is created, security groups
are also created, but when
the VM is deleted, the related security groups are not deleted. It was a problem for me, because
the limit of the security group pool is
500, and when the pool is full, new VM can not be provisiones because it is not possible to
add another security group.

Then, I think it could be good idea to allow security groups to be managed by Brooklyn. jclouds
provides some interesting interfaces
to manage security groups in a generic way, maintaing the current abstraction in JcloudsLocation
and JcloudsMachineLocation.
(Indeed, I already added to my code the capability of managing (deleting) security groups
(and keyPairs).)

does it make sense for you?
WDYT?

Thanks a lot,