brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Zaccardo <mike.zacca...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject How to Override `imageID` of a Preconfigured Location?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2016 23:31:08 GMT
Hi dev,

I'd like to override the `imageID` of a location so it applies to all
entities in a blueprint. Consider this simple blueprint:

```
name: Server (Brooklyn Example)

location: aws-ec2-us-east-1

services:
- type: server
  name: My VM
  provisioning.properties:
    imageId: us-east-1/ami-6224a40a
```

This will successfully deploy a VM to my preconfigured location named
`aws-ec2-us-east-1` with the desired AMI `us-east-1/ami-6224a40a`. However,
I'd like to add more services to this blueprint but do not want to have to
specify `provisioning.properties` and `imageId` for each one. What is the
proper syntax to set the `imageId` for the location itself so that it will
apply to all entities?

Thanks,
Mike