brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Corbett <sam.corb...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Karaf and the BrooklynNode entity
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 17:31:48 GMT
Hi all,

Are we moving to a pure Karaf distribution or are we going to continue
to maintain the old `dist' format too?

I'm wondering about the status of the `BrooklynNode' entity. It expects
the dist format and does not work with Karaf. We could update the entity
to try to handle both, create a second entity specifically for Karaf or
change it to drop handling of dists. I think the first option could be
implemented by writing a new driver and changing the return type of
getDriverInterface per a new config key on the interface that switches
between dist+karaf mode. But this is unnecessary if we don't care about
the dist format any more.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Sam