brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Zaccardo <mike.zacca...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Children of VanillaSoftwareProcess and service.isUp
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 15:43:57 GMT
Hi,

I have a blueprint that consists of a `VanillaSoftwareProcess` (VSP) with a
number of children entities. If any of these children go on fire, the
parent VSP still reports as healthy, but I'd really like it to go on fire
as well. In other words, I want the parent VSP to report as healthy if and
only if all of its children are also healthy. Is this achievable in YAML /
how do I go about doing that?

Here is an example blueprint which showcases this issue:
https://gist.github.com/mikezaccardo/227d00f0a90ed46ad7350b067e416bf4. Once
deployed, you can cause a child entity to go on fire simply by removing the
file that is checked. At this point even though the child entity is on fire
the, parent will remain green.

Thanks,
Mike