brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Carrasco <jo...@lcc.uma.es>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code - PaaS services addition proposal
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 16:23:28 GMT
Richard,
thanks a lot for you response.

About the demo, I will be pleased to show our approach.
Andrea and me are working currently in order to close the services management.
We need to close a couple of questions, but we are very near. So, we reach a
pretty solution in a couple of days (I think). So, we will be able to organize a demo
and show a couple of examples and answer your questions :)

About, update the code. Currently I am working on a personal repository
in github. But I would really like to see the code in Apache or similar, my main
goal is during this GSoC project is to developed something that will be useful
for the community.

I would also use this opportunity to sincerely thank to Andrea his effort during
this period.

Best,
Jose

El 17/08/2016, a las 16:46, Richard Downer <richard@apache.org> escribió:

> [...]
>> the same service
>>>   creationScriptUrl: script.sql #script to init the database
>>>
>>> MySqlService is an entity which allows to create an instance of any
>> mysql service.
>>> Then,  Actually, all the services are created following the same method,
>> a service
>>> requires the service-type, the instance-name and the plan to be created,
>> then it is
>>> possible to create any service using a generic entity. However, it looks
>> interesting
>>> to create a entity for manage MySql services, because it will allow
>> concrete operations
>>> to be carried out, for example, it allows the database, which is created
>> by the service,
>>> to be initialized using a script.sql.
>>> Currently, users have to initialize the database manually after creating
>> the service,
>>> so this proposal would facilitate the management of the Cloud Foundry
>> services.
>>>
>>> Does it make sense for you? I will appreciate any advice and suggestion
>> in order
>>> to improve this idea.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Jose
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/kiuby88/brooklyn-cloudfoundry/tree/
>> 48c7710f8228acf548ea54469da403ff98dc84a8/src/test/resources
>>> [2] https://docs.cloudfoundry.org/devguide/services/application-
>> binding.html#bind

>> great job as mentor, I am learning a lot about software architectures,
>> patterns, and another principles to develop maintainable and testable code.
>> I really appreciate that you spend a bit of time every day to direct me in
>> the right direction.

>> target initially CF. Then we focus on understanding the CF features and the
>> CF manifest which to model what I ended up calling
>> VanillaCloudFoundryApplication, which models a CF manifest and it is
>> startable on a PaasLocation. It was necessary a lot of iterations to get
>> the current architecture. First, it was decided how the Cloud Foundry
>> services had to be managed by the location (through a client), we spend
>> quite time chatting and developing examples time reach an extensible and
>> useful and testable architecture. Once the first prototype was ready,
>> Andrea suggested to introduce the driver pattern, allowing the entity to
>> delegate the location management to an driver, what it looks interesting in
>> order to generalize our solution. Currently, we are updating the Cloud
>> Foundry client that we are using to manage the Cloud Foundry services, in
>> order to obtain a more maintainable code. Once this task will be ready, I
>> will explore how to generalize this approach to support more platforms
>> without refactoring too much the current solution.

>> each of our task in our trello [1] board. A lot of aforementioned decisions
>> can be also tracked following the open PR in [2].

The

>> practices
>> documentation

>> mailing

Jose!
>> Please do
>> questions,

>> Andrea. I

>> com>

Apache ranking
>> process is
should score some
community should
>> also

I'd
>> say

will assign accepted

<josec@lcc.uma.es>

you, specially to Andrea
>> and

>> by

must be reviewed
>> roughly
how many slots to
>> request.
this point will be
completed. Proposals
announced on the
>> Google

mentor and the community
>> (I
to read and score the
>> proposal
Probably, you will

GSoC Application
>> side. I
is useful for you.
>> In

and do not hesitate to
>> ask
with this and I, of
>> course,

and to take a decision.

<

and will update you

<josec@lcc.uma.es>

a mentor

Carrasco <josec@lcc.uma.es>

uploaded my proposal from a
>> standard

a form’s field.

>> but I

email the think to the proposal).

Aled Sage <aled.sage@gmail.com>

>> says

ASF projects must be reviewed
>> roughly
so that we know how many slots to
have a mentor at this point will be
scoring must be completed. Proposals

student proposals announced on the

the Apache site) to the application

Jose Carrasco wrote:

> [...]
to work with Andrea Turli :-)
 a mentor and I can not see any assigned

from Apache organization web
>> profile.

day? Probably an extension will be

Let me know if I need to do
>> something,

your reply.

las 23:24, Aled Sage <
>> aled.sage@gmail.com>

- sounds like a great idea. I'm sure the

will be very happy to support it!

that you need a mentor in the

that Andrea Turli would be happy to

on

must be reviewed
>> roughly

many slots to
>> request.
don't have a mentor at this point will be

application says you have a

it today? (I'm not sure what the

12:31, Jose Carrasco wrote:

> [...]
Carrasco (a.k.a kiuby88).

interesting on adding PaaS platform support
>> to the

I have already forked brooklyn
>> projects and
to add CloudFoundry to