brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Ashby" <Graham.As...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Patching existing applications
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 18:20:10 GMT
I've been investigating using Brooklyn with our product.  I've been
impressed with the out of box capabilities, plus the ease of extending it.

However, one thing I haven't seen addressed in the documentation is how
you patch running systems.  Say I have a composite application that has a
number of subsidiary applcations.  Now of those, there are a number of
replicated components tat all need upgrading.  How do I do this?  I would
have the blueprint for the entire system.  How do I indicate that certain
parts need updating?  I don't want to have to tear down the existing
system, and rebuild a new one.

Sorry if this is muddled -- I'm new to Brooklyn.

Thanks
Graham Ashby
IBM Canada