brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Zaccardo <mike.zacca...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Patching existing applications
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 21:44:49 GMT
Hi Graham,

I don't have a complete answer for you now as this isn't my particular area
of expertise, but I can get you started and will ask around for more
information in order to provide a fuller answer.

I believe this functionality can be achieved using a combination of an
effector and the `ServiceReplacer` policy.  Here are two examples[1][2] of
this policy in use.  My understanding is that the service could be replaced
with a new instance running an upgraded version, on demand.  I will confirm
this.

I hope this helps for starters.

Cheers,
Mike