brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Corbett <sam.corb...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Testing children of group members
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 12:12:38 GMT
Thanks Graeme.

I've come to the same conclusion. More generally, I think we can add a
test entity that uses both `target` and `targetId` parameters from
TargetableTestComponent with a `scope` parameter (of type
org.apache.brooklyn.camp.brooklyn.spi.dsl.methods.DslComponent.Scope).
The entity to be tested is the combination of `targetId` and `scope`
resolved against `target`.

If we call this a "relative" test case, I would then structure my test
case along the lines of this pseudocode:

loopOverGroupMembers:
   spec:
     relative:
       # target entity (= group member) set by loopOverGroupMembers
       targetId: foo
       scope: child

I'm mid-way through testing this idea, will report back if it proves useful.

Sam