brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Turli <andrea.tu...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code - PaaS services addition proposal
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 09:36:21 GMT
Hi Jose,

We are now in the "Community Bonding Period (April 22 - May 22)". The
Community Bonding period is intended to get students ready to start
contributing to your organization full time in May.

We encourage you to try to become familiar with the community practices and
processes: participate on Mailing Lists / IRC and ask questions!
Set up their development environment: following
https://brooklyn.apache.org/v/latest/dev/index.html
Try to participate in code reviews for others. There is a documentation PR
open right now [1] or a small PR on brooklyn-server [2] you may want to
test to report your feedback or [3] in brooklyn-libray.

Ideally code review should become part of your daily routine, but of
course, reading (and updating!) documentation and contributing to mailing
list / IRC will be appreciated as well.

Best,
Andrea

[1]: https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-docs/pull/49
[2]: https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/127
[3]: https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-library/pull/32

On 24 April 2016 at 22:00, Aled Sage <aled.sage@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> That's awesome - looking forward to you working on this, Jose! Please do
> keep the dev@brooklyn list informed of proposals, progress, questions,
> comments, etc. I'm sure that Andrea, myself and the rest of the community
> will be very happy to give opinions and help as appropriate.
>
> Aled
>

> On 23/04/2016 00:01, Jose wrote:
>
>> Hi all!!
>>
>> Thanks a lot to all of you in particular to my GSoC mentor, Andrea. I am
>> really looking forward to start :-)
>>
>> Thank you very much
>> JoseEl 22/4/2016 23:21, Andrea Turli <andrea.turli@cloudsoftcorp.com>
>> escribió:
>>
>>> Good news for Brooklyn: the proposal got accepted [1]
>>>
>>> Congratulations Jose!
>>>
>>> Andrea
>>>
>>> [1]:
>>>
>>> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/5694656234913792/proposal/6531111119224832/