brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Disable non-deterministic failing unit tests, while fixing them [BROOKLYN-272]
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 08:54:05 GMT
Hi all,

TL;DR: let's disable non-deterministic failing unit tests while they are
being fixed.

---

We have a small number of non-deterministic test failures that are
causing false-negatives when jenkins builds master or builds a PR branch.

Clearly we should fix these tests (either re-writing them to avoid
non-determinism, or fixing whatever underlying bug it is exposing).

However, I think we need a pragmatic short-term solution to get our
jenkins build being reliable+believable asap. We've been living with the
occasional jenkins build failure for far too long!

I've created:

  * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BROOKLYN-272
  * https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/147

The issue tracks the failing tests, and the PR disables them, marking
them in testng as:

    @Test(groups={"WIP", "Non-deterministic-failure"})

Thoughts?

Aled