brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From David Bush <david.b...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Unexpected behaviour
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 11:32:56 GMT
Hi,

Hopefully this carries enough explanation - please ask if not.

I have found a difference in behaviour between org.apache.brooklyn.entity.software.base.VanillaSoftwareProcess
and brooklyn.entity.basic.VanillaSoftwareProcess which was not expected.

Using the first prefix I am unable to resolve resources from the classpath, whereas with the
second prefix I can (examples below).

I understood that these should be equivalent and that under the covers a mapping is made from
the old to new versions?

Is this unexpected?

Nonworking example (no difference if SameServerEntity is basic or apache):

>> brooklyn.catalog:
>>   items:
>>   - id: vc-node
>>     itemType: template
>>     item:
>>       services:
>>       - type: brooklyn.entity.basic.SameServerEntity
>>         brooklyn.children:
>>         - type: org.apache.brooklyn.entity.software.base.VanillaSoftwareProcess
>>           id: consul
>>           name: consul

Working example:

brooklyn.catalog:
  items:
  - id: vc-node
    itemType: template
    item:
      services:
      - type: brooklyn.entity.basic.SameServerEntity
        brooklyn.children:
        - type: brooklyn.entity.basic.VanillaSoftwareProcess
          id: consul
          name: consul

--
David Bush • Systems Integrator • Cloudsoft Corporation • http://www.cloudsoftcorp.com