brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Corbett <sam.corb...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Catalogue ID of a vanilla software process
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2016 16:36:58 GMT
A while ago I posted the question below to the incubator mailing list. I
wanted to get an entity to use runtime files from a resource in one of its
libraries but found that Brooklyn was unable to resolve it.

I recently had a chance to discuss the problem in more detail with Svet and
learned the solution.

Here's an example catalogue entry from a test in Brooklyn with the solution
in bold:

brooklyn.catalog:
  id: vanilla-software-resource-test
  version: 1.0
  item:
    services:
    - type: org.apache.brooklyn.entity.stock.BasicApplication
      brooklyn.children:
      - type: *java:*
org.apache.brooklyn.entity.software.base.VanillaSoftwareProcess
        brooklyn.config:
          launch.command: true
          checkRunning.command: true
          # Contained in brooklyn-test-osgi-entities.jar.
          runtimeFiles:

classpath://org/apache/brooklyn/test/osgi/resources/message.txt: message.txt

  libraries:
  - classpath://brooklyn/osgi/brooklyn-test-osgi-entities.jar

In case the formatting is lost the key point is the "java:" at the front of
the VanillaSoftwareProcess type. Without this Brooklyn is unable to resolve
message.txt.

Sam