brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code - PaaS services addition proposal
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:39:43 GMT
Hi Jose,

The timeline on https://community.apache.org/gsoc.html says the next
steps are:

  * 2016-04-12: Proposals to ASF projects must be reviewed roughly and
    have a potential mentor so that we know how many slots to request.
    Proposals that don't have a mentor at this point will be down-rated.
  * 2016-04-18: Proposal scoring must be completed. Proposals without a
    score will be rejected, no exceptions.
  * 2016-04-22: Accepted student proposals announced on the Google
    Summer of Code site.

Do you have a link (on the Apache site) to the application you submitted?

Aled

On 12/04/2016 22:33, Jose Carrasco wrote:
> Hi Aled.
>
> I will be very happy to work with Andrea Turli :-)
> I cannot selected  a mentor and I can not see any assigned mentor from my web profile,
> probably it may be added from Apache organization web profile.
>
> Today it is the last day? Probably an extension will be available a pair of days (I hope).
Let me know if I need to do something,
> or sending more information.
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply.
> Best regards,
> Jose
>

> El 12/04/2016, a las 23:24, Aled Sage <aled.sage@gmail.com> escribió:
>
>> Hi Jose,
>>
>> Thanks for this - sounds like a great idea. I'm sure the community (myself included)
will be very happy to support it!

>> I believe the next step is that you need a mentor in the Brooklyn community. I know
that Andrea Turli would be happy to volunteer (I just spoke to him offline).

>> According to the timeline on https://community.apache.org/gsoc.html:
>>
>>    /2016-04-12: Proposals to ASF projects must be reviewed roughly and
>>    have a potential mentor so that we know how many slots to request.
>>    Proposals that don't have a mentor at this point will be down-rated./
>>
>> Can you therefore ensure that your application says you have a mentor, ideally updating
it today? (I'm not sure what the process is for this).

>> Aled
>>

>> On 12/04/2016 12:31, Jose Carrasco wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am Jose Carrasco (a.k.a kiuby88).
>>>
>>> I am very interesting on adding PaaS platform support to the Brooklyn project.
I have already forked brooklyn projects and have developed some first approaches to add CloudFoundry
to Brooklyn. I opened some PRs, and I obtained an excellent feedback. I would like to update
my PRs but I am very busy with the SeaClouds European open-project.

>>> I do think PaaS support could be a good feature, and I would like to continue
that work. Because of that, I applied to Google Summer of Code to Apache organization. I updated
a proposal about PaaS services addition to Brooklyn. I think it is a great opportunity. I
know Brooklyn a quite well (because I have develop some new entities for SeaClouds), and I
have also collaborated on cloudsoft/brooklyn-tosca project. I am really interested on this.
Probably I should have written previously to the application for Google Summer of Code, but
I decided it too late and the application’s deadline was so close..  I do not know if I
can put the proposal link here. But if you are interesting I will be happy send it to you.