brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Brooklyn 0.9.0 [rc4]
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 13:19:00 GMT
Hi Andrew, all,

This does *not* sound like a blocker to me.

To give some more background, the RebindManager.forcePersistNow method
fails if persistence is disabled.

The reason Andrew hit this is he is using the
`SoftLayerSameVlanLocationCustomizer` added in [1]. This calls
forcePersistNow, even if persistence is disabled. One can work around
the problem by only including `SoftLayerSameVlanLocationCustomizer` in
situations where persistence is enabled (which will be the case in all
production situations).

I suggest that we push ahead with rc4, and include Andrew's fix [2] in
master and the 0.9.x branch (for if we subsequently produce a 0.9.1).

Aled

[1] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/53
[2] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/113