brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Aitken <valentin.ait...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Bringing Apache Brooklyn RPM package to the official Fedora repositories
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 21:46:58 GMT
Hi,

What do you think about adding Apache Brooklyn to Fedora and from there
to Redhat and CentOS?

As an opensource project I think it will be good to bring it to more
wider audience to the Fedora Community.

However before applying, when reading Fedora's Package Review Process
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process> [1],
I recognize several build problems:
- cannot find a location where the rpm spec file is publicly available.
Only rpm available in [2]
- there is no srpm publicly available
- I think the spec file should be tested outside the rpm-maven-plugin.
I tested cd brooklyn-dist/packaging/target/rpm/apache-brooklyn/SPECS;
rpmbuild -ba apache-brooklyn.spec
and it didn't work

For this to happen we have to also maintain a Fedora repo like this [3]
but I guess I am not the only one keen on getting this to Fedora community.

Valentin.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process
[2]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/brooklyn/apache-brooklyn-0.9.0-rc2/