brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From David Bush <david.b...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject parameterising config files
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 17:29:07 GMT
Hi,

As part of a blueprint I need to import some config files and inject values for parameters
such as ip addresses gained from sensors or environment variables.

I am currently using sed to replace parameters in the files which is great for one or two
but I need to increase the replacements to support additional functions.

I am looking to use templates.install to copy the files.

Can anyone advise best practice way to do this? I looked for examples in the repos but searching
for templates.install did not reveal much (to me). I can see sed being used elsewhere but
nothing for multiple replacements. Guessing there must be a straight forward ${param}: param
type method for doing this?

Many thanks,
David.

--