brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error with quickstart sample: starting jboss on localhost on Windows
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 22:15:37 GMT
Hi,

You'll need to target a Linux (or OS X) machine for deploying the
JBoss7Server entity. You should be able to run Brooklyn on your Windows
laptop. You can then use a location such as a public cloud, or a
pre-existing ip:port of a linux VM, or vagrant VM(s).

(Even if you get past the /tmp problem, the install and launch commands
for the JBoss7Server entity were not written with Windows in mind.)

If you need to deploy to windows, there is WinRM support for executing
powershell (using the VanillaWindowsProcess). See [1] for an example
blueprint (which will be available in 0.9.0, but not in 0.8.0-incubating).

Can you let us know more about your use-case, so we can see how it would
best be handled?

Aled

[1]
https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-library/blob/master/software/database/src/main/resources/org/apache/brooklyn/entity/database/mssql/mssql.yaml

On 16/03/2016 21:18, Kiran Anantha wrote:
> Hello,I fired up Brooklyn (0.8.0-incubating) on my Windows7 laptop and tried this sample
:
> name: simple-appserverlocation: localhostservices:- type: org.apache.brooklyn.entity.webapp.jboss.JBoss7Server
> I made sure that I can do passphraseless ssh to localhost.
> But I get this error. Is it because the code is looking for the /tmp directory on my
Windows machine? Apologies in advance if this documented - looked haven't found anything yet.
> org.apache.brooklyn.util.core.internal.ssh.SshException: (kiran_anantha@127.0.0.1:22)
(kiran_anantha@127.0.0.1:22) error acquiring Put(path=[/tmp/brooklyn-20160316-141230502-P8Jr-java_-version_2_1_grep_version.sh
80]) (attempt 4/4, in time 19.3s/2m); out of retries: (kiran_anantha@127.0.0.1:22) (kiran_anantha@127.0.0.1:22)
error acquiring SFTPClient() (attempt 4/4, in time 3.76s/2m); out of retries: Connection reset