brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code Quality Improvements for advanced-networking
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 18:28:37 GMT
Hi, thanks for the offer!

I think the initial/primary focus would be on the code in [1], and the
other associated Apache Brooklyn repos [2,3,4,5,6].

The downstream projects like
https://github.com/brooklyncentral/advanced-networking are also
important, but not as important as the core of Brooklyn.

How would you go about this work? Would you first look to integrate
tools like FindBugs into the build process? There is a maven profile [7]
called "CI" that includes findbugs and PMD, but I don't think it's run
often!

Aled

[1] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server
[2] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-library
[3] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-dist
[4] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-client
[5] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-dist
[6] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-ui
[7]
https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/blob/master/parent/pom.xml#L1506-L1562

On 15/03/2016 13:48, mohamed.ezzat@devfactory.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to send you some pull requests to improve the maintainability of advanced-networking.
>
> My company - DevFactory - is sponsoring me to identify and fix code quality issues and
improve unit test coverage in open source projects. DevFactory is obsessed with code quality
and is providing its commercially available code quality improvement service for free to qualified
open-source projects.

> If you are interested, please let me know and we will add it to our pipeline. Our first
step will be to utilize tools like PMD, FindBugs and Sonar to identify the most important
issues to fix. Once we fix them, we'll follow up with some pull requests.