brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Downer <rich...@apache.org>
Subject Software grant for Brooklyn CLI
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 15:08:59 GMT
To our more experienced Apache'ers:

https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-client/pull/1 adds the Brooklyn
CLI. This was developed in a non-Apache location starting last year,
with the bulk of development happening from November onwards. It has
>150 commits from 4 authors and is over 6,000 SLOC.

Given this level of complexity it seems prudent to obtain a Software
Grant Agreement (SGA) for this. I don't anticipate any problem getting
an SGA signed, but I'm not sure how to process it at Apache. The
Incubator had a well-defined process for this but I cannot find an
equivalent for a TLP.

[1] says "Typically, this is done after negotiating approval with the
ASF Incubator or one of the PMCs". Is it therefore as simple as
calling for a PMC vote on the SGA+code and, if passed, sending the SGA
to secretary@apache.org?

Thanks
Richard.

[1]http://www.apache.org/licenses/#grants