brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Corbett <sam.corb...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: New policy for auto-stopping applications after a fixed period
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 18:27:25 GMT
Hi Anuj,

The policy will delete virtual machines along with the application. It
invokes the Startable.STOP effector with no arguments on its target. The
implementation of this effector for applications (extending
`org.apache.brooklyn.core.entity.AbstractApplication`) is to stop all
children. The implementation of the effector for entities extending
`org.apache.brooklyn.entity.software.base.SoftwareProcess` first stops
the entity's process and then releases the underlying location.

There is an example blueprint in my original email.

Sam