brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Jenkins set up for new-repo Brooklyn builds
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 09:00:43 GMT
Hi All-

So far so good with the new repos...

We now need to get Jenkins set up.  There are a couple options now, due
to the submodules, especially when it comes to pull requests.

We could keep the same pattern as we currently have -- 1 below --
although I'm not sure whether multi-project / sub-modules
is going to play nicely.  (There is a "Multiple SCM" option in
jenkins.)  Option 2 has many more jobs though that would mean faster
response on builds.

WDYT?  Anyone love Jenkins and want to configure this?  (I've taken a
stab at a brooklyn-master-build.)

OPTION 1 -- multiple scm
* brooklyn-pull-requests monitors all 6 repos, will the pull request
trigger enabled
* brooklyn-master monitors all 6 repos, will commit trigger and a daily
trigger
     (the above both don't checking out the submodules, but instead
follow the "avoiding submodules" trick described)
* brooklyn-master-windows and brooklyn-master-integration triggered on
brooklyn-master-build success, checkout out sub-modules

OPTION 2 -- job per scm
* brooklyn-server-pull-requests builds when brooklyn-server has PR
* brooklyn-server-master builds when brooklyn-server has commits
* 10 others --
brooklyn-{dist,docs,library,client,ui}-{master,pull-requests} as above
* brooklyn-master-build is built on any brooklyn-*-master success and a
daily trigger, checkout out sub-modules
* brooklyn-master-windows and brooklyn-master-integration triggered on
brooklyn-master-build success, checkout out sub-modules

OPTION 3 -- hybrid
* brooklyn-*-pull-requests as per (2)
* brooklyn-master-build as per (1)

Best