brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: MIGRATION COMPLETED <- was Re: move to new repos THIS WEEKEND ?
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 21:54:17 GMT

Geoff,

I did.  Bringing pull requests across (without history I'm afraid) is
described at the bottom here:

https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-docs/blob/master/guide/dev/code/submodules.md

It works for any work in incubator.  Basically you need to merge the
WIP/PR with incubator master, then make a diff against master, than
patch that into the parent of the new projects.

Also FYI the submodules setup is also now merged.

I am working on updating the snapshot docs so there is a more readable
version.

Best
Alex

On 01/02/2016 21:43, Geoff Macartney wrote:
> hi Alex,
>
> awesome!  - quick question, I was checking but I can’t remember if you sent instructions
for bringing pull requests from incubator over to the new repos, did you?

> Geoff
>

> ————————————————————
> Gnu PGP key - http://is.gd/TTTTuI
>

>> On 1 Feb 2016, at 20:12, Alex Heneveld <alex.heneveld@cloudsoftcorp.com> wrote:
>>

>> All-
>>
>> I'm delighted to report that *the migration is now complete*. All repos at [1] are
now populated.

>> I will follow up shortly with instructions on building and using, but if you're impatient
see the README at [2].

>> You may have received *nearly 1500 emails* from "heneveld@apache.org" about the commits
to the different repos and branches.  You might want to search for that sender and delete
them.  (I don't actually send emails from that address.)  There shouldn't be any further such
mails!

>> Best
>> Alex
>>
>> [1]  https://github.com/apache/?query=brooklyn
>> [2]  https://github.com/apache/brooklyn
>>
>> On 31/01/2016 12:37, Alex Heneveld wrote:
>>> Hi All-
>>>
>>> Thanks for the feedback.  I have everything set to push to the new repos; but
we are blocked on an access issue to the new git repos (permissions).  You can see the latest
in the "ahgittin" repos, in the original email (below).  (BTW Aled I checked and if the commits
are identical throughout history then it seems the commit ID's *are* deterministic.)

>>> If we can get this resolved within 24h then I suggest we proceed with the original
plan, ie no more commits to incubator, but if not then in order not to block development and
pushes then we rescind the moratorium and continue using incubator until we can cut over without
disruption.

( https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/924 )
( https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/865 )