brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Macartney <geoff.macart...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: MIGRATION COMPLETED <- was Re: move to new repos THIS WEEKEND ?
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 21:55:36 GMT
Cool, thanks Alex.

cheers
Geoff

————————————————————
Gnu PGP key - http://is.gd/TTTTuI

> On 1 Feb 2016, at 21:54, Alex Heneveld <alex.heneveld@cloudsoftcorp.com> wrote:
>

> Geoff,
>
> I did.  Bringing pull requests across (without history I'm afraid) is described at the
bottom here:

> https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-docs/blob/master/guide/dev/code/submodules.md
>
> It works for any work in incubator.  Basically you need to merge the WIP/PR with incubator
master, then make a diff against master, than patch that into the parent of the new projects.

> Also FYI the submodules setup is also now merged.
>
> I am working on updating the snapshot docs so there is a more readable version.
>
> Best
> Alex
>

> On 01/02/2016 21:43, Geoff Macartney wrote:
>> hi Alex,
>>
>> awesome!  - quick question, I was checking but I can’t remember if you sent instructions
for bringing pull requests from incubator over to the new repos, did you?

>> Geoff
>>

>> ————————————————————
>> Gnu PGP key - http://is.gd/TTTTuI
>>

>>> On 1 Feb 2016, at 20:12, Alex Heneveld <alex.heneveld@cloudsoftcorp.com>
wrote:

>>> All-
>>>
>>> I'm delighted to report that *the migration is now complete*. All repos at [1]
are now populated.

>>> I will follow up shortly with instructions on building and using, but if you're
impatient see the README at [2].

>>> You may have received *nearly 1500 emails* from "heneveld@apache.org" about the
commits to the different repos and branches.  You might want to search for that sender and
delete them.  (I don't actually send emails from that address.)  There shouldn't be any further
such mails!

>>> Best
>>> Alex
>>>
>>> [1]  https://github.com/apache/?query=brooklyn
>>> [2]  https://github.com/apache/brooklyn

but we are blocked on an access issue to the new git repos (permissions).  You can see the
latest in the "ahgittin" repos, in the original email (below).  (BTW Aled I checked and if
the commits are identical throughout history then it seems the commit ID's *are* deterministic.)

original plan, ie no more commits to incubator, but if not then in order not to block development
and pushes then we rescind the moratorium and continue using incubator until we can cut over
without disruption.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/1176 )
( https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/924 )
( https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/865 )