brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksandr Vasilev <aleksandr.vasi...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Brooklyn Daemon Solution
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 15:58:32 GMT
> Regarding the security implications when using a script vs a binary,
could you explain?
It's not the difference between binary vs script, it's the different
approach at launching the process. In my daemon I make sure child process
is detached from the parent and can't get hold of any terminal sessions, so
an attacker can't get any additional privileges.

>with file descriptor redirection, beyond stderr, stdout what are you considering
here?
Nothing more unless any other file descriptors are opened by Brooklyn. The
daemon makes sure to close them all.

>are you intending this to be used outside of init? we'd have the config
set externally to the daemon
Not at all, just suggesting it can be used in any type of service script

>we don't have to wrap a script surely? the init script doesn't have to
call the brooklyn script.
Agreed, we can wrap java command, calling Brooklyn's Main class. Again I'm
not sure this solution detaches the child process properly.

Best Regards,
Aleksandr Vasilev
DevOps Engineer | Cloudsoft Corporation