brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From John McCabe <j...@johnmccabe.net>
Subject Re: Repository splitting script
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 16:27:43 GMT
Alex, all, (fyi Hadrian/Ciprian),

> * fix pom files on result of `rearrange-incubator.sh` script so it builds
>>> (make this a diff / git cherry-pick we can just apply once all PRs are
>>> merged?)
>>>
>> John also said to me that he would take a look at this problem. He was
>> temporarily prevented from doing so by a bug in the split script which
>> broke TEMP-brooklyn-server, but that dodgy repo should now be fixed.
>>
> John - any update?

Just after having a chat with Richard about this, and am in the process of
working through it.

Have hit one problem so far, a circular dependency between brooklyn-server
and brooklyn-library from some of the OSGI-ification changes.

The 'Brooklyn Jclouds Location Targets' module in brooklyn-server has a
dependency on the 'brooklyn-software-winrm' artifact from brooklyn-library,
but brooklyn-library itself depends on brooklyn-server.

Any suggestions on what we should do with it? There's mention of additional
cleanup required later in the commit (see pull#957 [1] (JIRA BROOKLYN-182
[2]))

/John

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/957
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BROOKLYN-182