brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From John McCabe <j...@johnmccabe.net>
Subject Re: Incubator re-org
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 18:15:36 GMT
Hi All -
We've raised pull request 1119 [1] which implements the restructuring of
the incubator-brooklyn project in preparation for the split into multiple
repositories.

You can checkout the PR locally and build as normal,
Regards,
John

## Snippet from the PR [1]
This pull applies the pre-repository-split restructuring script
1-rearrange-incubator.sh from rdowner/brooklyn-repo-split#5 [2], and
updates maven/tests accordingly.

Once applied the project will be structured in preparation for the split
into multiple git repositories (brooklyn-server, brooklyn-ui,
brooklyn-library, brooklyn-dist, brooklyn).

A verbose commit history is maintained for reference with each commit
prefixed by the impacted submodule, ie [SERVER], [LIBRARY] etc. (Note the
work-in-progress repo was originally located here [3].)

The project can be built as normal, with a brooklyn pom in the root of the
repository.

You may also build each submodule in turn, brooklyn-ui, brooklyn-server,
brooklyn-library and finally brooklyn-dist. The brooklyn subdirectory will
eventually become the split repo base project,.

Feedback is greatly welcomed.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/1119
[2] https://github.com/rdowner/brooklyn-repo-split/pull/5
[3] https://github.com/johnmccabe/PRESPLIT-incubator-brooklyn