brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Abhishek Sharma <abhisharm...@gmail.com>
Subject Brooklyn Persistence Style Adoption
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 02:00:40 GMT
Hey folks,

*Context:*
After having used brooklyn extensively and also reading the persistence
documentation, I see that based on brooklyn.properties or CLI parameters
brooklyn can either persist its state to localhost or to the cloud (using
jclouds).

*Question:*
I want to emulate the same behavior is my application (which is built on
brooklyn).
Implying that I want my app to either persist my custom state either on
localhost or on the cloud based on config. This would avoid me from having
to write a bunch of if....else against the configuration. I want my app's
custom state management to be exactly similar to brooklyn's. Can someone
point me to the code or guide me to find out how brooklyn does this ?

To re-phrase my question: What I want is almost like if jclouds supported a
provider called "localhost" and did all the persistence locally.

Thanks in advance,
Abhi