brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Duncan Johnston Watt <duncan.johnstonw...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Issue Deployment Dependencies in Brooklyn
Date Thu, 24 Dec 2015 08:18:27 GMT
Hi. Have you tried -

launch.latch:
$brooklyn:component("X").attributeWhenReady("service.isUp")

Best
--
Duncan Johnston-Watt
CEO | Cloudsoft Corporation
+44 777 190 2653 | @duncanjw

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* Abhishek Sharma <abhisharma.b@gmail.com>
*Date:* 24 December 2015 at 01:40:16 GMT
*To:* dev@brooklyn.apache.org
*Subject:* *Issue Deployment Dependencies in Brooklyn*
*Reply-To:* dev@brooklyn.apache.org

I have 2 applications that I start with I run brooklyn. The two apps are
specified as follows in a YAML file.

services:

  - type: com.abhishek.dropwizzard
    id: X

  - type: com.abhishek.nodejs
    id: Y

I want my nodeJS app to come up after my drop wizard app has been started
successfully. In-order to setup that deployment dependency I add the
following to my YAML file.
  - type: com.abhishek.nodejs
    launch.latch:
$brooklyn:component("X").attributeWhenReady("service.process.isRunning")

This doesn't work I get an error saying Ignoring PDP attributes ....

Please advise on how can I fix this ?

Thanks,