brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS-UP] Brooklyn graduation
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 17:44:52 GMT

+1 to removing the large artifacts; it's just stupid having them there.

Personally I would like to see the apache/incubator-brooklyn carved up
as follows:

* apache/brooklyn
* apache/brooklyn-ui
* apache/brooklyn-library

The third one contains all the concrete items, like jboss and tomcat and
cassandra etc.  The UI is the jsgui.

The first one is the main one, with everything else, including CLI and
REST API, vanilla software process, and jclouds locations and osgi.

The only other thing I'm wondering is whether brooklyn-api should be
separate, and very rarely changing.  This would allow us potentially to
run different versions of brooklyn-* in the same system, using the magic
of OSGi.

WDYT?

Best
Alex