brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Corbett <sam.corb...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Catalogue ID of a vanilla software process
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 19:21:02 GMT
Hi Alex/Svet,

Per our conversations on IRC today about VanillaSoftwareProcesses
referencing resources in bundles, I pushed a couple of test cases to
https://github.com/sjcorbett/incubator-brooklyn/tree/vsp-bundles.

Each test adds the same blueprint, for a VanillaSoftwareProcess that
references a resource in a bundle, to its catalogue then makes a
deployment of that item to localhost. You should find that
camp/VanillaSoftwareProcessYamlTest passes but
rest-server/VanillaSoftwareProcessTest fails. (Make sure to rebuild
utils/rt-osgi.) The former instantiates an assembly template directly
(via AbstractYamlTest), the latter does the important bits with the rest
api.

Stick a breakpoint in AbstractSoftwareProcessDriver#copyRuntimeResources
and you'll see that the catalogue item ID of the entity in the camp test
is vanilla-software-resource-test:1.0 but via the rest test is
org.apache.brooklyn.entity.software.base.VanillaSoftwareProcess:0.9.0-SNAPSHOT.

Sam