brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blog for Apache Brooklyn?
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:07:16 GMT

On 10/23/2015 07:47 AM, Richard Downer wrote:
> My answers:
>
>> - Can we get enough content to make regular posts?
>
> This is the key question of course! However there are many users of
> Brooklyn now, each doing something different, so I think there is
> enough original sources out there. A combination of project news (e.g.
> releases), links to upcoming events and presentations at recent
> events, references to other blog posts combined with genuine original
> content, would be enough to keep a blog busy enough.

I feel the same way, we should and we could get enough content.

>> - Would this distract from other areas (e.g. is it easier to write a
>> blog post to demonstrate a feature, than it is to write a good-quality
>> chapter in the user guide)?
>
> This is something that would need to be handled carefully. The user
> guide must be comprehensive and high-quality, and I would be tempted
> to push back against any blog post which introduced a feature that is
> not properly documented.

You have a valid point, but the opposite could be as valid. A blog may
be considered the vehicle to get more contributors interested in ideas
discussed or in features in the process of being implemented.

>> - Would managing it - starting it, chasing up content, moderating
>> comments - be a hassle?
>
> I think this would be managable.

Agree, not much different than managing the code.

>> As for where it would be hosted, we have a few choices:
>
> Jekyll on https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/ would be my first choice.
>
> Richard.

Hadrian