brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Split brooklyn-core during OSGification
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 15:59:34 GMT
I think we'll need to split the core in multiple parts actually. I am
having a bit of trouble myself with winrm4j. The complication is that it
depends on jython, which does not provide an OSGi bundle either. I am
not sure for instance if winrm4j is always necessary or it could be
another core-ish bundle.

A second thought is that I don't know what the impact on current users
would be to move the current use of the OSGi framework in a different
jar. One possibility is to split the core into multiple jar, following a
convention we can agree upon (brooklyn-rt-* would be a common
convention), but then let what Cipi called brooklyn-rt-felix, keep the
current name brooklyn-core.

Cheers,
Hadrian