brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Ciprian Ciubotariu <cheepe...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Split brooklyn-core during OSGification
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 15:25:18 GMT
On Monday 12 October 2015 15:35:24 Aled Sage wrote:
> +1; sounds sensible.
>
> Would brooklyn-core have a dependency on brooklyn-rt-felix?

Yes, during build time and with the current launcher(s). However, the
brooklyn-core OSGi bundle won't import the packages of brooklyn-rt-felix, and
the osgi container services will be used instead.

> Presumably the unit tests in core would continue to run outside of Karaf
> (e.g. org.apache.brooklyn.core.mgmt.osgi.OsgiVersionMoreEntityTest)? How
> would you imagine those tests be run/rewritten once the OSGi'fication is
> complete?

At the moment they will continue to be executed by the testng runner, but they
would be migrated to the pax-exam runner. Was this the target of your
question?