brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Gowri LN <gowri.ln...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yaml blueprint for openstack - HP Cloud
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 05:18:05 GMT
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the help.

The deatils in  link[brooklyn.properties
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/blob/2aac052fbde38b566f5d70efa0d241b0488c98f4/docs/guide/start/brooklyn.properties>]
caused confusion as it says that identity and credential for hp cloud will
include username , password same as the one which we use for logging into
the console but instead it should be Accesskey and secret key for jclouds
above 1.8 (refer link
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25351307/how-can-i-access-hp-helion-using-apache-jclouds>
 ).

I added the details that you have mentioned in brooklyn.properties and I
used  blueprint-1 to launch a simple VM to start with . I can see that an
instance gets created successfully in the region but the application gets
on fire with the following error :

> Error invoking start at EmptySoftwareProcessImpl{id=nkJ0UYV4}:
> org.jclouds.compute.RunNodesException: error running 1 node
> group(brooklyn-guvb-ubuntu-simple-vm-c7zq-vm-nkj0) location(region-a.geo-1)
> image(43804523-7e3b-4adf-b6df-9d11d451c463) size(100)
> options({scriptPresent=true,
> userMetadata={Name=brooklyn-guvb-ubuntu-simple-vm-c7zq-vm-nkj0-qqjs,
> brooklyn-user=ubuntu, brooklyn-app-id=c7ZQXESh,
> brooklyn-app-name=simple-vm, brooklyn-entity-id=nkJ0UYV4,
> brooklyn-entity-name=VM, brooklyn-server-creation-date=2015-09-01-0503},
> generateKeyPair=true, configDrive=false})
> Execution failures:
> 1) ExecutionException on brooklyn-guvb-ubuntu-simple-vm-c7zq-vm-nkj0-f0c:
> java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
> org.jclouds.http.HttpResponseException: command: POST
> https://region-a.geo-1.compute.hpcloudsvc.com/v2/............/servers/12bc827b-16e6-4616-b75d-e001693eb65a/action
> HTTP/1.1 failed with response: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request; content:
> [{"badRequest": {"message": "No nw_info cache associated with instance",
> "code": 400}}]

What other details are mandatory for this blueprint ? Can you please help?

Blueprint-1 :
name: simple-vm
location:
  jclouds:hpcloud-compute
services:
- type: brooklyn.entity.basic.EmptySoftwareProcess
  name: VM

Thanks,
Gowri