brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Downer <rich...@apache.org>
Subject VanillaSoftwareProcess and StaticSensor
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 21:24:32 GMT
Hi all,

I have a VanillaSoftwareProcess which is installing and running a web
app (Jenkins, to be exact). I'd like to add a sensor which shows the
URL of the webapp with the correct hostname and configured port
number, so I add this to the blueprint:

  brooklyn.initializers:
  - type: org.apache.brooklyn.core.sensor.StaticSensor
    brooklyn.config:
      name: jenkins.url
      static.value: $brooklyn:formatString("http://%s:%s/",
attributeWhenReady("host.name"), config("jenkins.port"))

When I try this, the sensor is never populated. I can see it with a
blank value if I toggle the "show all sensors" icon.

If I remove the attributeWhen Ready part - so the format string is
only referring to the config - then the sensor is populated.

What's going on? Should I be able to use attributeWhenReady() with
StaticSensor and VanillaSoftwareProcess?

Thanks all,
Richard.