brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Brooklyn licenses
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 05:18:03 GMT
HI,

> You are right about Spry Media IP -- I can find no indication that the IP of plugins
is properly granted.  Same for the inclusion of slideto in Swagger.  They are all very small
so I have essentially rewritten them giving credit to the original in our code -- I think
this means we are cleaner from an IP perspective as the copyright and license now lie with
us but appreciate any feedback you have.

That sounds like a good solution to me. You may want to note the versions of the included
software as licenses can change over time.

> With requirejs/text.js both are subprojects of RequireJS so I label our dependency as
on the project with explicit reference to the both the files require.js and text.js, coming
from http://requirejs.org/ <http://requirejs.org/>.  With r.js I treat it slightly differently
as it comes from a single repo and it is a different version.  Where r.js includes code fragments
from other projects I've called out all the copyright holders and the license under that code
was included.

Looks good.

Thanks,
Justin