brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Adrián Nieto <adr...@lcc.uma.es>
Subject Re: Issues during migration process
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 16:26:20 GMT
Hello Svet:

Regarding to 1, this is fine for me then maybe a new status should be
created to flag the Entity as under Migration.

About 2:

	* Figure 1 shows the status before the migration process start, it's
just a deployment over amazon with a fresh Brooklyn. Brooklyn shows it
as RUNNING without problems (IP: 52.88.29.11)

	* Figure 2 shows the Entity state after the migration (ON_FIRE because
checkRunning reached the timeout). It has a new IP (52.88.159.277) but
MAIN_URI and JMX_SERVICE_URL still points to the old IP.

The most interesting lines on the log are the last ones, which shows an
warning because the driver change it's not tested and the failure of the
JMX sensor to connect to the target machine (because it's still pointing
to the old one)

Thank you.

El 23/09/2015 a las 17:42, Svetoslav Neykov escribió:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> 1) This is the expected behaviour at the moment for generic apps. Children don't affect
parent state (with the exception of ON_FIRE). The reason is that it's use case specific whether
the parent should go in a special state when the child starts/stops/restarts. For the general
case the parent will go on fire if it decides there's something wrong with its children (for
example not enough members are running - quorum checks) or seems children on fire.
> 2) Can't tell from the screenshots what sensors remain pointing to the old IP, could
you point them out. Also the entity is on fire while running on the first machine, depending
on the cause it's entirely possible the problem is still there when running on the second
machine. Do you know what's the reason for the initial failure?