brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Prepare 0.8.0-M1 ?
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 16:03:24 GMT

Hi all-

+1 to no need for milestones.  There are quite a few goodies in any case
beyond the package refactoring which is huge!  See them here:

https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/v/0.8.0-SNAPSHOT/misc/release-notes.html

         [still uploading so you may have to wait a bit]

I've compiled new release notes and uploaded updated snapshot docs.
This includes updated catalog items and javadocs.  I've also made the
downloads and versions more prominent (and fixed broken links),
completed persistence compatibility for the package refactoring (#873),
and merged a few other PR's outstanding.

The release notes include a MIGRATION GUIDE, linked from above.

If there are any last comments, or other NEW FEATURES deserve a mention,
speak up.

Otherwise roll on 0.8.0-RC1 !

Best
Alex

On 01/09/2015 08:54, Richard Downer wrote:
> I'd be in favour of 0.8.0. It'd be great to iterate much faster on
> releases. I assume under semantic versioning that we don't have to
> stop when we reach 0.9 :-)
>
> Richard.
>
> On 31 August 2015 at 18:56, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com> wrote:
>> +1 for 0.8.0. I don't see a lot of value in a milestone release at this
>> point.
>>
>> Alex, re: package split, I don't think so, but even if we discover something
>> it shouldn't be a blocker.
>>
>> Hadrian
>>

>> On 08/31/2015 12:55 PM, Aled Sage wrote:
>>> +1
>>>
>>> We should aim for a 0.8.0 release candidate soon as well.
>>>
>>> What else do we need after an M1 before we can have 0.8.0? Should we
>>> just go straight for 0.8.0?!
>>>
>>> Aled

message after it was sent.