brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Svetoslav Neykov <svetoslav.ney...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Add Entity.sensors() to group sensor/attribute methods
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 12:19:35 GMT
+1

Svet.

> On 21.08.2015 г., at 12:10, Sam Corbett <sam.corbett@cloudsoftcorp.com> wrote:
>
> +1. A sensible set of changes.
>
> On 20/08/2015 22:06, Aled Sage wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to add Entity.sensors(), which returns SensorSupport, which has the attribute
+ sensor methods on it. And I'd like to deprecate the existing methods.

>> See https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/861
>>
>> There are three big motivations for this:
>>
>> * Consistency with entity.config()
>> * Simplification of the Entity class (which has way too many methods)
>>   by grouping them.
>> * Getting ready to deprecate EntityLocal. This first step exposing
>>   sensor/attribute methods of EntityLocal on Entity. We won't need
>>   EntityLocal once the same is done for the other methods
>>   (particularly the subscription-related methods).
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Aled
>>

> --
> Cloudsoft Corporation Limited, Registered in Scotland No: SC349230. Registered Office:
13 Dryden Place, Edinburgh, EH9 1RP
> This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message
is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by
replying to it and then delete the message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily
secure. Cloudsoft Corporation Limited does not accept responsibility for changes made to this
message after it was sent.

> Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is
the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use
of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility
is accepted by Cloudsoft Corporation Limited in this regard and the recipient should carry

message after it was sent.