brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Turli <andrea.tu...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Cloud provider VM name length limit
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 09:33:03 GMT
Yavor,

Thanks for the answer.

> It can be 128 chars by default according to VMWare docs [1].
> Are there clouds providers that lower the default limits for vCloud?

Not aware of any of them, specifically, but I'm pretty sure that if the
JcloudsMachineNamer contains that we probably hit that problem at least
once.

> My intention is to slightly increase the limit. It may be the same
> length as for GCE

I think you can just override the default using the brooklyn.properties
because you know that it will work on your vCloud installation, I think.

My two cents,
Andrea

message after it was sent.