brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Zaccardo <mike.zacca...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Blueprint for Kafka cluster
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 14:46:53 GMT
Hi Shweta,

Forgive me if I misunderstood your question, but are you looking for a YAML
blueprint?  Your link above represents Brooklyn's Java blueprint (its
built-in support) for Kafka, so a YAML blueprint wouldn't be found there.

Using the built-in entity, you can write a blueprint like this to deploy a
Kafka cluster, in its most simple form:

name: kafka-cluster
location: localhost
services:
- type: brooklyn.entity.messaging.kafka.KafkaCluster

Of course you can set any other location of your choosing, and configure
further using any of the supported config keys[1].

I hope this helps, but don't hesitate to ask further if not.

Cheers,
Mike

[1]
https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/learnmore/catalog/catalog-item.html#!entities/brooklyn.entity.messaging.kafka.KafkaCluster

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 5:50 AM, shweta ma <ma.shweta@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Brooklyn Team,
>
> I found the source code for Kafka cluster in the below link:
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/tree/master/software/messaging/src/main/java/brooklyn/entity/messaging/kafka
>
> But the blueprint to deploy the cluster is missing.
> Please can you send the blueprint for deploying kafka cluster.
>
> Thanks,
> Shweta

message after it was sent.