brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Yavor Yanchev <ya...@yanchev.com>
Subject Re: Cloud provider VM name length limit
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 09:14:30 GMT
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the answer.

It can be 128 chars by default according to VMWare docs [1].
Are there clouds providers that lower the default limits for vCloud?

My intention is to slightly increase the limit. It may be the same
length as for GCE

I'm trying to embed a timestamp in the instance's name [2]. It requires
4 chars more.

Regards,
Yavor

[1] Page 358 -