brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Add Entity.sensors() to group sensor/attribute methods
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2015 21:06:06 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to add Entity.sensors(), which returns SensorSupport, which has
the attribute + sensor methods on it. And I'd like to deprecate the
existing methods.

See https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/861

There are three big motivations for this:

  * Consistency with entity.config()
  * Simplification of the Entity class (which has way too many methods)
    by grouping them.
  * Getting ready to deprecate EntityLocal. This first step exposing
    sensor/attribute methods of EntityLocal on Entity. We won't need
    EntityLocal once the same is done for the other methods
    (particularly the subscription-related methods).

Thoughts?

Aled