brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Downer <rich...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help getting started with AWS VPC
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 13:20:01 GMT
Hi Scott,

Welcome to Brooklyn :-)

I suggest you take a look at the "advanced networking" project:
https://github.com/brooklyncentral/advanced-networking

It's a set of entities that support network concepts for a few clouds. It's
not strictly part of Brooklyn, instead it's part of the wider community.

AWS is not yet supported by advanced-networking, so your contribution could
be very useful! You could start by looking at how advanced-networking has
done this for CloudStack, and use similar techniques for your AWS VPC
implementation.

Be warned that the networking is pretty complex code. If you are new to
Brooklyn and to Java I'd suggest starting with simpler entities first?

Richard.