brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding to drag and drop designer
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 01:18:35 GMT
Hi Adrian,

I did see this before. It looks like and clean, but it's hard for me to
imagine the full user experience. From the fact that you start with
showing locations on the map I infer that you intend to drill down into
what's deployed at each location. (Btw, that's not very easy to do once
you get SDN or more precisely SD-WANs into the mix).

In terms of user experience, we all agree the goal is to help users
build blueprints, by providing feedback in the webui. Self completion is
probably an obvious feature, probably drag/drop from a catalog, etc. I
think the challenge is to provide the proper visual cues to the user,
for instance inclusion vs reference relationships, editable properties,
etc.

Raul tried to come with a few mock-ups, there was not a lot of feedback.
As the gui experts, maybe you could work together and come up with some
awesome ideas.

Unfortunately, I don't expect to be of a lot of help. I did see
somewhere some interesting graphs, I'll try do dig and send some links.

Cheers,
Hadrian