brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Update the package names to org.apache.brooklyn
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2015 01:16:36 GMT
Hi,

It looks like it's a bit controversial if the package names update is
required or required for graduation. Rob Vesse says that in Jena they
didn't do it for graduation, but they still did it when moved to the
next major release.

Since we are before the 1.0.0 release, unless we want to keep the
brooklyn.* packages for ever, I would suggest doing the package update
to org.apache.brooklyn.* sooner vs than later and plan to release 0.8.0
shortly after.

It looks like it's not easy to shorten the PR queue, so I would favour a
piecemeal approach, even if it would require redoing some of the PRs. I
suspect that with the right granularity, we could avoid conflicts most
of the time.

Thoughts?
Hadrian