brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about the Brooklyn webui
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 13:29:03 GMT
Hi Adrian,

I agree it's on the right track, with drag-and-drop of services
(analogous to existing entities/blueprints), and settings on each of
those services (analogous to config options).

An important difference from Microsoft Robotics Studio is that we are
mostly talking about a deployment configuration, whereas the robotics
studio is a graphical programming language. Therefore, the analogy will
break down so we have to be careful about what ideas we take from that.

---
Labels/layers sounds sensible.

We should also write up some use-cases. I volunteer to make a start on that.

---
In terms of mockups, I love wire frames and tools like Balsamiq [1]. It
allows for extremely fast iterations, fast feedback, and avoids
(time/emotional) investment in more "realistic" mockups. I suggest we
all agree that any mockup code is throw-away. If it's not, then we're at
risk of spending too much time on a single phase of the mockup, rather
than getting our ideas out there for fast feedback.

Aled

[1] https://balsamiq.com/products/mockups/