brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Brooklyn server monitoring
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 14:46:53 GMT

Martin-

Super idea.

I think we could show a few more things in the Server tab -- including
the persistence subsystem status and any rebind issues -- but following
the pattern you describe where these individual components have a
sensor/effector api and use the same gui representation.

Best
Alex

On 08/07/2015 15:37, Martin Harris wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I hit an issue with a customer installation where the disk had filled up as
> the nohup.out file created by the launch command in the docs had grown
> until it filled the disk. I've created a PR here[1] for this issue
>
> It was also suggested that it would be nice to have some way to indicate
> the issue (or other potential issue) in the GUI. I've did a quick spike
> here [2] of a mechanism for making this available via the REST API
>
> I was discussing it with @aledsage, and he suggested that some work had
> been done at some point to represent the Brooklyn server itself as an
> Entity. This would then allow us to follow the sensor-effector-policy
> pattern that we use for deployed blueprints. Anyone have any thoughts on
> this?
>
> As for how it would be displayed in the GUI, I think that simply adding it
> to the 'Application' list would be confusing, but we could add another
> top-level tab for 'Server', which would then have the usual 'Summary',
> 'Sensors', 'Effectors' etc tabs. Hopefully we could re-use some of the GUI
> code (@samcorbett, would this be practical?) and we could follow the same
> pattern for the API. Again, anyone have any thoughts on this?
>
> [1]: https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/739
> [2]: https://github.com/nakomis/incubator-brooklyn/tree/server-monitor
>
> Cheers

message after it was sent.