brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Adrián Nieto <adr...@lcc.uma.es>
Subject Re: A proposal of a new Apache Brooklyn GUI
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 10:57:43 GMT
Hello Svet,

$resource it is in fact enough to develop a functional GUI. The thing is
if I don't rely on a external library (even a non angular specific one
like the one which swagger provides and you are currently using), I will
have to translate the entire Brooklyn API into Angular $resource objects
and I would like to avoid this because Brooklyn API it's a kinda big.

Anyway if there is no other way to automatically generate a client I
will do my own one of course.

I just want to find a way to wrap around the handma

El 01/07/2015 a las 12:47, Svetoslav Neykov escribió:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> As is evident from previous mails AngularJS implementation of the web console is very
well received.
> What I'd like to understand is why are you looking for an additional library to interact
with the Brooklyn API. Is Angular's $resource missing some required functionality?

> Svet.
>

>> On 1.07.2015 г., at 12:42, Adrián Nieto Pérez <adrian@lcc.uma.es> wrote:
>>
>> Hello to all:
>>
>> I’m Adrian, currently a dev of SeaClouds Project in University of Málaga. As some
kind of Apache Brooklyn Summer of Code me and maybe some of my colleges have planned to develop
a new GUI for Brooklyn. The intention is to use AngularJS and Material Design Guidelines (https://github.com/angular/material
<https://github.com/angular/material>) to improve Brooklyn UX.

>> I have two concerns before starting this project during August. One of them is if
you are currently planning to develop a Dashboard (I found some commits on GH about a mobile
version of the Brooklyn GUI). The other one is I would like to use a library to interact with
Brooklyn API (for example https://github.com/signalfx/swagger-angular-client <https://github.com/signalfx/swagger-angular-client>),
but I wasn’t able to find one compatible with swagger 1.0 (which is already deprecated).
Do you have plans to upgrade swagger to V2?

>> Also I’m aware that you plan to develop a drag and drop editor, I will try to follow
the conversation about this designer which should be part of the new dashboard. I think that
if it’s developed as an standalone library which outputs YAML from a visual topology it
will be enough to let me develop an Angular Directive over your code (we currently do this
on SeaClouds Project with https://youtu.be/tyg-vkG2oho <https://youtu.be/tyg-vkG2oho>
minute 1.30).

>> Anyway before starting to code a new dashboard the swagger thing is mandatory IMO.
But i'm afraid that my knowledge about Brooklyn & Swagger will not be enough to try to
upgrade it by my own. Also upgrading Swagger probably will break the current JSGUI so maybe
the best way to work is update Brooklyn in a branch which will let me to work on the new GUI.