brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Svetoslav Neykov <svetoslav.ney...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: A proposal of a new Apache Brooklyn GUI
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 10:47:24 GMT
Hi Adrian,

As is evident from previous mails AngularJS implementation of the web console is very well
received.
What I'd like to understand is why are you looking for an additional library to interact with
the Brooklyn API. Is Angular's $resource missing some required functionality?

Svet.

> On 1.07.2015 г., at 12:42, Adrián Nieto Pérez <adrian@lcc.uma.es> wrote:
>
> Hello to all:
>
> I’m Adrian, currently a dev of SeaClouds Project in University of Málaga. As some
kind of Apache Brooklyn Summer of Code me and maybe some of my colleges have planned to develop
a new GUI for Brooklyn. The intention is to use AngularJS and Material Design Guidelines (https://github.com/angular/material
<https://github.com/angular/material>) to improve Brooklyn UX.

> I have two concerns before starting this project during August. One of them is if you
are currently planning to develop a Dashboard (I found some commits on GH about a mobile version
of the Brooklyn GUI). The other one is I would like to use a library to interact with Brooklyn
API (for example https://github.com/signalfx/swagger-angular-client <https://github.com/signalfx/swagger-angular-client>),
but I wasn’t able to find one compatible with swagger 1.0 (which is already deprecated).
Do you have plans to upgrade swagger to V2?

> Also I’m aware that you plan to develop a drag and drop editor, I will try to follow
the conversation about this designer which should be part of the new dashboard. I think that
if it’s developed as an standalone library which outputs YAML from a visual topology it
will be enough to let me develop an Angular Directive over your code (we currently do this
on SeaClouds Project with https://youtu.be/tyg-vkG2oho <https://youtu.be/tyg-vkG2oho>
minute 1.30).

> Anyway before starting to code a new dashboard the swagger thing is mandatory IMO. But
i'm afraid that my knowledge about Brooklyn & Swagger will not be enough to try to upgrade
it by my own. Also upgrading Swagger probably will break the current JSGUI so maybe the best
way to work is update Brooklyn in a branch which will let me to work on the new GUI.

> What do you think guys?
>
> Thank you very much.

message after it was sent.